Sunday, August 23, 2015

New Release! Parker's Proceedings

OUT NOW!


The fabulous new novel by Genevieve Scholl launches today. To celebrate, let's take a look at the novel in some closer detail.

~


~

A slam dunk case of lust

Ashlee Rosenthal just hit the big 4-0, and life is as boring as watching paint dry. She’s a lawyer, which she loves, her son is grown and moved out, she hasn’t seen a movie in the cinemas in almost a decade, and her friendships are limited to a best friend half way across the country, a quirky assistant who talks faster than a freight train, and a chinchilla who thinks the countertops in her kitchen are its own personal bedroom.
Just as she’s contemplating doing something drastic and crazy in able to get some excitement in her life, Parker Bensley, a 20-something professional basketball player, walks into her office to file for divorce from his wife, and Ashlee’s libido is standing up and taking notice for the first time in forever. But he’s her client, and it would be considered a conflict of interest for her to feel anything toward him. So she shuts down her sexy thoughts and focuses on the case.
Until Parker makes the first move, and everything she had done to ensure she never compromised the case is thrown out the window. Ashlee knows it’s all kinds of wrong, but, damn, does it feel oh-so-good.

~

Extract

My heart skips a beat at the generosity of this man, but my mind wonders what sort of career he has to not need twenty-thousand dollars. His clothes don’t look extraordinarily expensive, so I doubt he’s any kind of lawyer, doctor, or professor. Still, he does look a little familiar in a weird way, but I can’t place him. Instead of wracking my brain to figure out where I’ve seen him before, I do what I always do and show my worst trait—at least, according to Amy and Dorothy.
What do you do for a living?” I ask bluntly.
Parker looks temporarily taken aback, like he’s never been asked that question before. “You mean you don’t recognize me?” he asks, confirming my suspicions.
You look familiar, but I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head.”
He chuckles. “Well, that’s new. I’ve never had someone not recognize me before. It’s sort of refreshing.” I laugh, and he smiles at me over the desk. “I play for the Heat.”
The admission shocks me. I knew he looked familiar, but I hadn’t expected him to say he was a professional basketball player in Miami.

~

You can keep up with Genevieve on these sites:

Facebook           Twitter           Goodreads              Blog

~

And buy her previous stories on the following sites:

Amazon           Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment