Friday, September 25, 2015

Favourite Book Quotes

Guest Author: Elaine White
This article is by Elaine White. All opinions are her own.
~
"Over Treasure Island" I let my fire die in winter without knowing that I was freezing."
An Edinburgh Eleven ~ J.M. Barrie
~
“I thought if you knew. you'd kill him.
I nearly did. I nearly killed you too. The trouble with death is - his lips twisted - it's so final.”
Blood on Silk ~ Marie Treanor
~
The people that shape you rest like heavy stones in your heart. Unmoving, not changing, just there.
Of Gods and Monsters: Menoetius ~ Wulf Francu Godgluck
~
"I like my tea like I like my men. Strong, sweet and dark." - Bridget
"I like my tea like I like my men too. Still warm." - Joan
Bridget and Joan's Diary ~ Bridget Golightly
~
"It's a gift beyond price, to know you are loved, without conditions, without limits, without end."
Home Work ~ Kaje Harper
~
"I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul. God keep me, if only for the sake of those dear to me!"
Dracula ~ Bram Stoker
~
"Are we all agreed? Excellent. Then Peabody had better retire to her bed; she is clearly in need of recuperative sleep, she has not made a sarcastic remark for fully ten minutes."
Crocodile on the Sandbank ~ Elizabeth Peters
~
"Life without risks is like a burrito without Tabasco. Bland, but you’ll still fart."
Reprobate ~ Martyn V. Halm
~
"“I don't know who you are; you could be an axe murderer for all I know. How am I supposed to trust you and follow you? For that matter, follow you where?" Gabe inquired.
"Search yourself, what do your instincts tell you?" Uri asked.
"That you're a crazy nut job and freaking me out!" Gabe snapped back."
Sacred Bloodlines ~ Wendy Owens
~
"“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”"
Pride and Prejudice ~ Jane Austen
~
"Lena's hair was sticking out in about fifteen directions, and her eyes were all small and puffy from crying. So this was what girls looked like in the morning. I had never seen one, not up close."
Beautiful Creatures ~ Kami Garcia
~
"We live as we dream--alone...."
Heart of Darkness ~ Joseph Conrad
~
"People are intimidated by a man who acts with no apparent regard for consequences. Behave as if you cannot be touched and no one will dare to touch you."
Assassin's Apprentice ~ Robin Hobb
~
"Cedric smiled and sat back again. 'You only think that because you think heroes always win. Trust me on this one, James. A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing."
James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing ~ G. Norman Lippert
~
""She is like the wind, open and free. If I cage the wind, would it die?"
"Then don't cage it, Mikhail. Trust it to stay beside you.""
Dark Prince ~ Christine Feehan
~

No comments:

Post a Comment